Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Roland Rat ?????????


After my dealings a couple of weeks ago, with the so called micro soft techs who insisted I should hand over my computer's innards so they could steal my identity, money, passwords etc......there has been another incident.
This time on facebook.
I received a 'friend request' from someone called Roland Muggins. The name says it all really.
As I didn't recognise the name I did what I always do and sent a message asking where I knew him from.
The reply immediately told me that this was dodgy.
I decided to see how long I could string him along.  It turned out to be longer than I expected.
My friend, Gary, sent me a link.....click on it below if you wish.....which confirmed he was trying to scam me.
http://scam-detector.com/social-networking-scams/facebook-lottery-chat

I must look a bit dopey or something........but I don't think I shall be hearing much from Roland in the future.
This is the whole message thread.........enjoy.
  • Conversation started today
  • Susan Banks
    Susan Banks

    Where do I know you from Roland? Let me know so that I can accept your friend request.
  • Roland Muggins
    Roland Muggins

    Hello...Am agent Roland from Facebook Head office and i have a good news for you regarding your Facebook account.
  • Susan Banks
    Susan Banks

    Oh I am sure that if you are from Facebook's Head Office then it is quite easy for you to pass on any good news without needing to be a friend. I look forward to hearing this good news.
  • Roland Muggins
    Roland Muggins

    Before i proceed i will love to Know if you have heard about the ongoing Facebook organization promotion 2014 going on yet?
  • Susan Banks
    Susan Banks

    The only one I have heard of is the 'free yak in the mail'. Is there another?
  • Roland Muggins
    Roland Muggins

    Have any of our out staff informed you about the Facebook organization promotion and your winning prize?
  • Susan Banks
    Susan Banks

    Only the prize yak, as I mentioned, I am rather looking forward to its arrival. My llama has been lonely and it will be a wonderful friend for him. One of my friend's, Gary Peel, has said he will help me with it.
  • Roland Muggins
    Roland Muggins

    Okay
    your profile was randomly selected in a open ballot system held in San Jose.. i am glad to inform you that you are one of the 50lucky selected winners that won the sum of $950,000.00 united states dollars..
  • Susan Banks
    Susan Banks

    That's nice. But what about my yak.
  • Roland Muggins
    Roland Muggins

    Whos your yak?
  • Susan Banks
    Susan Banks

    Really.....have you been reading my replies? If you have then you know I have been awarded a prize yak by facebook and I am still waiting for it. Is there a reason for this delay?
  • Roland Muggins
    Roland Muggins

    Here are the 3 ways in which you can get your winnings
    Option 1) Bank to Bank Wire Transfer Option 2) Cash Delivery Option 3) A.T.M CARD Delivery
    Which of the options do you choose?
  • Susan Banks
    Susan Banks

    Oh...ermm...let me see.....I am confused. How will you wire the yak to me? I don't think it would be possible to get one from an ATM either. I am not sure of the cash value of the yak but even so I would prefer the animal itself as my lonely llama is waiting.
    If the size of the yak is a problem, I would be happy to accept 50 guinea pigs instead. You could always send them a few at a time then.

    Message cannot be sent based on either the receivers' privacy settings or yours.

This was where Roland finally gave up, blocked me......and probably topped himself.........."Alas poor Roland, I knew him well."
A couple of my friends have now sent him friend requests........he might be sorry he tried this on me. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home