Monday, April 14, 2014

Weekend....."What's a weekend?"



Firstly.  Thank you Gary for the extra Birthday pressie.
I did have to ask Philip what it was though.  I knew it was rude but did not know it was also a wine bottle stopper.
I shall look forward to wowing the crowds at River Rhythms with my naughty device in the Summer.
"Ooooooerrrrrrr Matron!"

The weekend started badly.
I met Philip outside and we set off to Panera (lovely cafe) to have a sandwich and coffee before we went for a mooch around the shops.
That was the plan anyway.
A few minutes up the road the car shuddered as if it had run over something.
We looked, nope nothing in the road.  It did it again....then it kept doing it until we had to pull over.
After a few more failed attempts at actually moving along, it was suggested (by me!!!) that as the car is a hybrid, couldn't we just get back home on electric power?
It seemed we could and we did.  We did have to go at around 3 miles an hour because every time he tried to go faster than that it tried to engage the petrol engine and we started jolting around again.
As we were travelling at such a sedate pace (Oh Philip was laughing), it made me feel like I was in a procession, so I took the opportunity of performing my 'Royal Wave' at passers by.
There were many passers by too.
I don't know how Philip stands me at times.  I had great fun doing this....always look on the bright side...and did remind him that it could have been way worse.
He had just driven 70 miles back from Chicago.  The car could have conked out en route but it didn't.
We were only a few minutes from home when it did.

Once we got home it died totally.  Philip had to arrange to have it towed to the garage to find out what it wrong.
They didn't even get to look at it on Saturday, so it is being investigated this morning (Monday).
We had to rent a car.
More expense.
We got a Subaru Outback.  It is rather nice.  4 wheel drive etc.  I like that you sit a bit higher up.
That is always a good thing when you are vertically challenged like me.

Today it is cold again, with rain/snow showers.  That's nice.
I am hoping to go swimming with my friend June in a minute.  We haven't been for a while because of the weather.

I keep wondering what is wrong with the car.......and also wondering how much it will cost?
Sigh...........


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home