Monday, September 9, 2013

Not long now.

Sorry Alan.....I have sold one of the paintings you like so much.
If I am honest, I like this one a lot too.  I was planning on keeping it, then the vet's assistant who so kindly brought meds to our house, saw it on the wall and fell for it.
She wanted it for her boyfriend who is fond of wolves.
This was back in May and I had said I would keep it for her while she got the money together.
It didn't bother me if she didn't buy it as I was happy with it on my wall.
Then I had another enquiry.
So, I had to ask her if she was serious about it.  She said she really wanted it but didn't know when she would have the money.  I told her about this other person wanting it and she was fine with me selling it. I felt bad having to ask her but she sounded a little relieved.  Maybe she was worrying about keeping me hanging on.
I have promised to do her another if she gets the money together and gives me enough notice.
I have already offered her a hefty discount.
This painting......Shadow Wolf.......is going to a couple who are opening a restaurant.  How brill is that?
They also wanted my business cards to display with it.
I love that it is not just going into someone's home but will be seen by lots of people.
Well, hopefully lots of people - for them and for me.
They asked me for the price for a large portrait of their two Weimaraner  dogs. 
Brilliant.
It must be karma.
A little while ago I was asked if I would donate a gift voucher for a pet portrait for an auction run by a Basset Hound rescue.
I explained that I was happy to donate but that I would not be able to start it until late October.  Apparently this is fine.  They too took some of my business cards.
I am looking forward to doing a Basset.  I have loved them since I saw Columbo's Basset in the TV series.
They have such fabulous faces.
The only things that really sell, to be honest, are portraits of people's pets. 

Things have settled down in the 'lug hole' department.
Some of Lauren's teachers have apologised to her for what happened. 
She is taking guitar lessons.  My mate, Fred, who used to be head of music in Chritchurch has offered to come shopping with us when I am over.....for a guitar for her.
He is such a good mate.  We still phone each other every Friday, after all these years.  He actually makes Spanish guitars himself, beautiful things, but much too expensive for us.
She just needs an acoustic guitar.  Not expensive, in case she gives it up, but good enough to be easy to play.
He insisted he help us out as we would probably come back with entirely the wrong thing.  It is a good idea as I have no idea about guitars.
He lives in Folkestone and I always see him a few times when I am over.  Even last year, when I was poorly, he still insisted on picking me up in Ashford and taking me for coffee.
Some friends you keep for ever.  I have been fortunate with friendships, well mostly anyways.
Some I have lost contact with, but I think you can't help losing some.
For those of you who are still my mates........ta ever so.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home