Monday, September 16, 2013

Bimbling about.

Here is Bubba enjoying the sunshine and watching the birdies, the squirrels and the chipmunks, all of whom he would enjoy making a meal of.
We have screens on the window so the critters are safe.
Above him is a recent painting, "wot I done" and I have only just realised that it looks so very much like the first cat we ever had, Golly.

One of Donna's cats died just a couple of months back.  He was only three.  They were devastated.  I had already painted a portrait of him and sent it back with Lauren.
But, there was a lovely photo of him in their Christmas Tree.
I fancied doing something more impressionistic.  So I just had some fun with it.
I can't bring it with me to give her as it is in a heavy frame so I guess Tommy Boy will be living here with us.
I put him on our wall too.





He isn't the dragon.
I rather like him there.  Strange how I just can't bring myself to do one of Lollipop.
The one on the far right is a picture I did of our 4 cats, before Tootsie came along.  Lollipop is in that one.
I suppose in time I will do one of her on her own.

In two weeks time I should be in jolly old England.
I am quickly booking up weekends and so looking forward to a couple of pub Sunday lunches.
Oh I wish we could get them here.
No one does a roast dinner over here.  I have never, ever seen or heard of a "roast potato" here.
It is just so lovely to go out for dinner on a Sunday.   It will be fab.
I shall look for a ploughman's or three while I am over too.

Philip wasn't on support this weekend.  The first one in ages, or so it seems, so we had a bit of a bimble to Cedarburg on Sunday.
It is a lovely little town.  Old shops, a winery and a converted mill.
We didn't buy anything exciting, well apart from an advent calendar in the Christmas shop, but it was lovely just to be out and about.
We had breakfast there too but that hadn't improved much from the last time we went.
Next time we will try somewhere else.
I can't complain about it if I keep going back. 




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home