Friday, September 7, 2012

Time flies

I finished this painting at last.
This is a commission.  I had done a similar one - and sold it - but was asked to do another, smaller version, by someone else.
This one is 14in x 11in and I found it harder to do than the bigger one.
Strange that.
It is by no means exactly the same but they seem very pleased with it.  It is mixed media, oils and acrylics, so it has to dry for a few weeks before I can varnish it.
I am now working on a painting for Glenn and it is proving to be quite a task.
He asked me to do Galadriel and Frodo from Lord of The Rings, but he keeps adding more to it.
This one is going to take some time yet as it is fiddly.   Plus, now he wants the ring in it.   He hadn't mentioned that before. I expect when I think it is finished he will say he wants Gandalf on horseback. wearing a blue wig and a tutu, waving a flag in the distance.

I find it hard to believe that in just over a week's time I should be in England.
It has been months away for ages and now suddenly it is just days.
I have a new suitcase that I hope the airline don't bugger up again, but I need to get bits and pieces before I go.
It has been two years since my last visit and I am really looking forward to it. 
I already have plans to see family, friends and a weekend away in Whitstable.     No doubt the time will fly while I am there too.
I shall be able to replenish my supply of Pot Noodles .........brill.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home