Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Thankful

Arnie (our possum) hasn't been by for two nights.
I am somewhat worried about him.   I hope nothing has happened to him.

Well, as it was recently Thanksgiving, I am belatedly thinking about what I am thankful for.
Today I am very thankful that my back seems to be improving.
I managed (albeit slowly) to do the walk to and from the bus stop to get to the dentist's yesterday.
Today I have managed to glitter most of my Christmas cards.  This takes longer than you would think.
I am very thankful for my good friends who have been sending me get well wishes and asking about my various aches and pains.  I have some amazing mates who have been very supportive of me just recently.  
Some of my chums I have known since primary school, grammar school, former work colleagues and people who have shared various past interests. I thank all of you who have kept in touch and been kind.  You know who you are .....lol.
I am extremely thankful for my lovely father in law who I am so pleased to have in my life.
He sends me funny emails and phones me to cheer me up when I am feeling a bit low.  He has his own health problems but seems to be constantly thinking of other people.
His phone calls and stories of his 'escapades' always make me giggle. 
So, I suppose my of my thankfulness is to do with people. 
People I can depend on. 
Brilliant to have.

And now for something completely different.
It seems Cyril Smith is the latest pervert to have escaped the law.
I am incensed by these people.  
I am also incensed by the people who think it is something to joke about.
Hopefully the fact that you are a public figure or celebrity will no longer grant immunity from prosecution as it has done in the past.  
My perception of people has changed over some of the things I have read.
This is not funny, not a joke and should never be watered down by using cutesy phrases to describe what these evil people did.
Children need our protection.   Anyone who describes themselves as a parent should be appalled at what has happened to these children.........no matter how long ago it was.  It still happened.
And don't give me the "needs more proof" rubbish.  For some of these people there is so much proof it is embarrassing to think they got away with it.
What is done cannot be undone but..........we should all make damn sure it doesn't happen again.   No more should these monsters be able to hide behind their cloak of fame and popularity.
I bet there are quite a few more out there who are currently shaking in their boots that they might be the next one found out.

Rant over.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home