Friday, November 30, 2012

Christmas


Here is HRH Princess Lilibet III reclining in her Christmas bed.
It obviously suits the royal posterior.

Oh...and Arnie the Possum is back.  Phew !!  I always worry about him if he doesn't visit for a day or two, particularly in winter when food isn't so easily found.
He enjoyed his pizza.

I am in full Crimbo mode now.
I have most of my Christmas ornaments and decorations up, the Christmas cards are written and some have been sent.
The rest of them and the parcels, will get sent tomorrow.

The outside lights and garden decorations (Father Christmas, reindeer, snowmen, sleigh, Christmas trees ....oh and a lovely new lighted, animated mailbox which we got last January in the sales...etc) are all up. They haven't been switched on yet.  We shall have a grand ceremony tomorrow, December 1st,..........think 'Griswold's Christmas Vacation'........and hopefully they will all work.
Tomorrow we select 'The Banks' Family Christmas Tree.'
Last year Philip was amazed when I chose the first one he stood up.
I doubt that will happen again.  I am rather fussy about Christmas trees.

I have a million (probably more) pressies to wrap.  I know I go overboard for everyone but I do so enjoy it.  I shop for Christmas gifts all year and just love getting things for people that I know they will love.  Well, hope they will love anyway.

I am quite proud of my passion for Christmas.  I doubt there are many people who have had worse things happen to them at Christmas than I have.
But,  I think the terrible Christmases of the past just make me appreciate how good they can be.
If there is an opportunity to bring happiness to someone.......then do it. 
I could be forgiven for shutting myself away at this time of year and letting the festive season go by without me.
Please, if you ever feel like grumbling about it,  just try to enjoy it.  Enjoy the over commercialization of it.  Enjoy the lights, the glitter, the cold weather, but most of all enjoy each other.
Sometimes things change so fast and can never be the same again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home