Thursday, May 3, 2012

Retro viewing



Philip being away this week I dug out the video tapes.
YES....VIDEO TAPES....remember those?
Fortunately we must be one of the few households to still own a device that plays them.
I am so glad.
I have complete sets of stuff on tape........The Avengers for instance.......that I would not want to start buying again.
Anyway, I have loads of Mystery Science Theatre 3000 or MSTK3 as it is also known.
I loved this show.
Every week they would take some crappy old scifi movie and comment on it all the way through.
They were very funny.
Some films were better than others

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbFjxNTzzgI

This one is one of my favourites.  A Japanese (they get a few of these) concoction called "Prince of Space".
MSTK3 did lots and lots of movies.
The following one is also hilarious.  Dreadful plot, acting, costumes, sets, continuity (one woman is killed only to reappear in the very next scene).
It is obviously not meant to be funny.  The hero (oh I am stretching things to call him that) is a very muscular meat head who comes in for much criticism.
They take great delight in coming up with other, more suitable names for him throughout the film.

You will see what I mean if you go to the following link.

 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFHlJ2voJHY

So, I have spent a relaxing couple of evenings chuckling to myself at these movies.   I am so glad I kept them and the player.
I wonder how many people have kept their old video recorders?
Tracking.........remember tracking?  I had completely forgotten about that.
I wonder if the humble vcr will ever become cool?
Maybe one day they will be in demand again.
You know where to come if you want to spend mega bucks on one.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home