Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Spring

Eric     

Here is a picture of one of our Erics.
We have several.
There is Eric, Small Eric, Little Eric, Big Eric, Large Eric, Just Eric and Eric the Loon.
I think this Eric looked so lovely sitting on our fence, with our tree in full blossom just behind him.
Truly springlike.
We think the Erics (and Ericas) have been a bit on the busy side as there are noticeably more this year than last.
Eric the Loon is one of the newbies.
I think he has special needs so he should fit right in with me.

The chipmunks are back too, filling their little gobs up with the birdseed.  I expect they have many mouths to feed waiting in the little burrows in the lawn.
I saw a woodpecker hammering away at the tree that has the goldfinches nesting in it.
They must get so annoyed if he wakes their babies up.

This is the daddy goldfinch.
I do think he is rather magnificent.  
It will soon be time to put out the hummingbird feeder.   I hope they show up.
Our ducks didn't come back this year. 
Donald and Daisy.  
The guy a couple of doors up told me they visited him every Spring for a couple of years and then decided to leave him in favour of me.  Maybe I put better food out or something.
They came to me for a couple of years but perhaps they have found even better grub elsewhere...or maybe they have gone back to our neighbours.  I will ask him when I see him.

The house has returned to normal now.  I have got used to it again.  It will be even quieter next week as Philip will be away all week on a course.

We are going to have ' a bit of a do' for the Queen's Diamond Jubilee and Official Birthday combined.
The jubilee is on June 5th and the birthday on Saturday June 9th.  My friend, Heather, sent me some wonderful jubilee napkins, jubilee cupcake cases and a jubilee cupcake stand.
So, I decided to ask a few friends over and we shall wear our tiaras and toast the Queen.
We have to educate these colonists.   It is the British way.

1 Comments:

At April 25, 2012 at 12:34 AM , Blogger Tracey Anne said...

your photo of 'Eric'is lovely, we still have Cyril and his family living in our neighbours garage ,grey squirrels seem to have got a reputation as the 'bad boys' of the woodland but I think they are adorable. you are so lucky to have all these creatures come visit you, you didnt move into Snow Whites house by chance? lol xx

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home