Wednesday, April 18, 2012

All gone away.

I love this picture.
We went to the Milwaukee Zoo with our friend Gary on Sunday.
We had almost decided not to go as the weather man insisted there would be strong storms on and off all day.
I have learned not to take too much notice of the weather man.
He sometimes fibs.
He was fibbing about Sunday.  We took a chance, went and it was a lovely day.
Oh ok......it did storm about 10 minutes after we got home but that was not 'all day'.
Back to the picture.
Our friend, Gary, is a photographer and caught this picture of a fish playing 'peek a boo' with Lauren.
This fish had such a funny face and he was peeking out from behind the wall of his tank.
Fab.
There were 3 lion cubs born at the zoo not long ago and we had a lot of fun watching them get up to mischief.   One was teasing his dad, who gently let him know his place. It was a pleasure to see them.

Sadly, early Monday morning, Lauren and Donna went home.
We were up at 3.45 am to get them off to the airport.   I must admit, it was tough for me this time.
I love having them here.  Lauren is no trouble at all and we have a lot of laughs with her.
I suppose it seemed worse because she is not coming back at the end of July.
I hope to go over there later in the year but September seems an awfully long way off at the moment.
I am excited about our trip to Phoenix in a few weeks though.

Donna phoned to tell me they had a great flight back.
When they checked in there were only 2 seats left and they were not near each other.   This wasn't good for a single mother travelling with her child.
They arrived at the gate to be given new boarding passes and when they got on the plane they found they had been upgraded.
They were in the posh section with seats that reclined right back.   They were thrilled.  Donna said she even managed to fall asleep because the chair went back flat (like me, she can't sleep when sitting upright).
While she was asleep the stewardess came round and covered her with a blanket.
Oh how the other half live.
I wish I could get upgraded.  It has never happened to me.
I am always back with the riff raff.   I know my place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home