Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Just me and thee.........or five.


This is me most mornings......well, most of the night too x 5.
Philip is away on a course this week.
So, it is just me in that huge king size bed until Friday.   HA HA, did I say just me?
The kitties think it is great to be able to stretch out on that bed, forcing me into a small area the size of a pea, just alongside a pillow.
I have to take a cup of water up to bed now for Bubba. 
"Hey Trek mates !!!  Do you remember those mugs we bought that had wide bottoms ( steady on missus) so they wouldn't fall over?  They were Klingon and Star Fleet."
Well, it is one of those.
I take it up because the poor old bugger needs to drink several times during the night and it is too far for him to go way down in the basement every time.
I know that it is very important for boy cats to drink plenty or they can get blockages, especially if they are getting on a bit.  I think this applies to human males as well........just saying.
So, as he has to sleep with me holding his hand, it works if he has a mug of water on the bedside table.  Well, it works for him.  For me ......not so much.
Slurpy, slurpy, slurpitty, slurp, about 6 times a night can get a bit wearing.

Philip, meanwhile is having a whale of time at a hotel whilst doing this course.
It might not be a very big whale though.   He has found there are only two people taking this class and the other one is a bloke he works with.
But, I have asked him to view it as a lovely break away from work and the stress.   A mini holiday without access to computers (or he would be checking things all the time).
So, I hope he can do this and enjoy his little break.

I have almost finished the boxer dog portrait.   I rather like it.   I hope the owner of the dog does.

I am not sure what to do about the Queen's Birthday bash.
I could ask another set of people altogether but to be honest,  I have lost the enthusiasm for the blooming event now.
I shall wait a while before finally deciding.

Finally.
I was reading Dave Barry and he quotes an Associated Press article re a small town wanting to ban alcohol sales as on some nights, the town's only bar has "those dreadful teriyaki songs!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home