Saturday, May 5, 2012

Lily's Eyes

This is my latest pet portrait.  Finished at last.
Her name is Lily.
I spent a lot of time on this one as I wanted to get it 'just right'.
I haven't met the dog so I used photos to figure out the personality. 
People do seem to like this one, but I think boxers have such wonderful faces it would be hard not to.
I have just changed the mat as the first one was a light colour and I didn't think it worked so well.
This one I am happy with.
I hope the recipient is just as happy.

When I am doing any sort of portrait, one of the first things I like to get in are the eyes.
This gives it soul and once I am happy with the eyes then everything else seems to fall into place.
Lily's eyes were special.
There is a lot of depth to her eyes and just as Pete and Dud once said "They follow you around the room".
Check it out here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9OCS08rabE

Lily's eyes followed me all the time.  They seemed to watch me accusingly because I hadn't finished her portrait.
Now she is all done they don't make me feel guilty.   They just look full of charm.
This one has to go to England so I shall be packing it up well and sending it soon.
I can't frame it because I don't think sending glass through the mail is such a good idea.

I have another one I have just started on.  At least I have a sketch drawn onto the paper.
That is part of the battle won.   Looking at a blank, white expanse and knowing I have to produce a picture on it is always daunting.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home