Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Cat's Cradles.


This is a posh cat bed.
We bought this posh cat bed for our kitties as they had wrecked one of theirs.
We spent a lot of time choosing it.
The fabric had to be very soft and luxuriant.
The shape had to round so the kitties could curl up comfortably in it.
It also had to have high sides as it gives them a sense of security.
Yep, we took a long time deciding which bed to get.
Of course once we got home we couldn't wait to see the kitties tussling over who would be the first to experience the luxury of this new bed.
 We needn't have worried.
Philip also bought a new pair of shoes.
They came in a box.
We brought those home at the same time.
This is what happened.



New, posh, luxury, round, high sided, silky soft cat bed.........null points.
Hard, square, cardboard box the shoes came in .........priceless.

On an entirely different note.
We voted for the first time as American Citizens last night.
Oh it did feel strange.
After living here for almost 15 years, never being able to take part in any elections, it was rather nice to be important enough to have a say in things.
I caused some amusement at the polling station when I told them it was our first ever vote as Americans and told them they must know I am American because I do sound American now don't I?
The answer to that was - I do not.
They were all very helpful and showed us what to do.  It is a little different from the British way of voting.   They even clapped and cheered when we managed to do it properly.
AND - I got a sticker saying I had voted.   They said they expected to see us at the next local one in June.  The biggee will be the presidential election in November.
Coo....won't we be posh then.

I was surprised at the number of people ( not one ), waiting outside to do an exit poll.  Maybe that will be different for the presidential election.  I also missed the likes of The Monster Raving Looney Party, but then you can't have everything I suppose.
I wonder what my American chums would make of this.

http://www.desandmick.co.uk/dmtv/politics.htm

Sounds sensible to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home