Saturday, February 4, 2012

Bimbling about a bit.

Alan and Philip are still getting on well........see above.

I have only had to use the "Did you see the giraffes back there?" card a couple of times.
Philip did start poking cocktail sticks in Alan's leg the other day but that is fairly mild.
So, what have we done this week?
The two 'old gits' went to see a movie on Tuesday.
"Contraband" I think it was called.
If you get the chance to go and see it .........go to the dentist instead.  It seems you would have more fun.

They left around 6.45pm and I settled down to play WoW on the computer.
The movie was due to start shortly after 7pm I think.  I received a phone call around 8pm to say they were on their way home.
They had walked out of the cinema.
Apparently it was that bad.
I have never walked out of a cinema before the end of a film.
Bloody hell, I even stuck with "Space Truckers" until the end and that must rank up there with one of the worst movies of all time.
I remember I went to see it in Folkestone by myself as Philip and a gang of mates were all playing computer games at the house.
I wasn't involved in it all so I thought I would treat myself to a movie.
I was the only person in the place and when it started, the girl at the ticket office came and sat next to me, as she said, to keep me company.
It was awful.
Halfway through she turned and told me it was one of the worst she had seen but we stayed until the end.
To be honest, I think I only stayed because I would have felt bad leaving when she had been kind enough to sit with me and probably she didn't like to get up and go because she didn't want to leave me sitting there by myself.

Alan and I ventured out to the mall on Thursday.   I was a bit miffed because we ran to catch the bus which was early as they had changed the schedules without telling anyone, and I hurt my leg.
I then had a difficult time walking around the mall and was dreading it being something that would take weeks to heal.
When Philip hurt his leg (calf muscle - same place as I hurt mine) it took months to heal.
Anyway, I needn't have worried.  It was a bit dodgy all day but yesterday it wasn't too bad and is just a little sore today.
No need for crutches then.

Tomorrow we are off to the driving range (heated etc) for a spot of golf.
Alan is going to have a go. 



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home