Thursday, May 5, 2011

Philly Bob & Sue Ellen

Well we did it.
We are now American Citizens.

It was totally nerve wracking. I had been revising for the test questions for weeks.
At times it seemed the more I studied the worse I got.
Last night my brain seemed to implode and I couldn't even get the easier ones right.

This morning I noticed on the top of the attendance letter that it said they needed copies as well as originals of all the required documents.
Plus, my nail tech told me yesterday that if you pass your interview then you can get apply for an American passport while you are there.
So, after calming down from my hissy fit at needing more copies of everything, we flew round to Walgreens for more passport photos.
Philip then went and made copies of all the remaining documents.
We arrived early and I sat there worrying about the questions/answers until I zoned into a mental fluff of blah.

I shouldn't have worried (I can say that but I don't think there has ever been a time when I haven't worried), when the time came I remembered all the questions I was asked.
Eventually I was congratulated and handed a piece of paper that stated I had been accepted as an American Citizen.
Philip was called in shortly after I came out. He too was successful.
There will be a swearing in ceremony at the court house in about a month's time.

I couldn't apply for my passport then but will be able to do so after the swearing in.
I will need to do that fairly quickly in case I have to nip over to England at short notice.

Phew!!!!
It is such a relief. We shall have to celebrate with some friends after the ceremony.
Tonight we will have a meal out and a bottle of bubbly.

1 Comments:

At May 5, 2011 at 2:19 PM , Blogger Heather said...

Congratulations to you both...but please don't get too americanised!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home