Monday, March 28, 2011

Harry Potter woz ere.

Wands that I made from big chopsticks.

Saturday was the much anticipated Harry Potter themed dinner party.
All the usual suspects were there, they just looked a little different.



Philip had decided to be Snape. He was dressed all in black and I had a black wig which worked rather well, so all we had to buy was the cloak.
I went as Bellatrix which, to be honest, was my second choice.
I have a brilliant Hermione wig and I really wanted to be her.
But, it would have cost me a lot of money to get the clothes...........school uniform (which they don't have over here so I wouldn't be able to pick one up in the charity shop) etc.
I did happen to have a spooky sort of Halloween dress and a mad black wig so Bellatrix seemed the obvious choice.
I also bought a cloak and false eyelashes.
I can't believe I used to wear false eyelashes all the time years ago.
They were a bugger to put on and a bigger bugger to get off.
I have to admit I looked dreadful in a black wig. I shall never ever dye my hair that colour.

Nick & Julio arrived and we discovered we had another Snape.
Philip was better at the accent though :)
Julio made a fab Harry Potter. Gary, we decided, came as an 'extra'.
I think he would have made a decent Dobby.

They all liked their wands, which were waved about willy nilly. They also liked the bookmarks I bought them.
We had Harry Potter movies running continuously and spent the evening watching, chatting and asking the Americans questions from the citizenship test.
Gary was really good at them. Nick & Julio........not so much.

It was decided that next year the theme would be ............Super Heroes.
This sounds like fun.
You can either come as a recognised one.....like Superman, Spiderman etc. Or make up your own.
Gary suggested that Philip could come as The Spleen (from the movie Mystery Men I think).
I have a good idea why.

Sunday, as it was my birthday, we went out for brunch.
This is a bit posher than breakfast or lunch.
It was very nice, plenty for me but I suspect it wouldn't have been enough for some of the "Buffet Professionals" we get around here.

I got lots of cards and lovely pressies from Philip.
Then just to make sure I wasn't getting too carried away with my own importance.......Bubba had a case of the trots and I had to spend ages cleaning poo out of his tail. He is long haired too.
I could have done without that really.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home