Monday, April 25, 2011

Miffed

I am more than a bit miffed.
Donna phoned her father last night to check on arrangements for being picked up at the airport etc. today.
Towards the end of the conversation she asked about Glenn as we have been trying to contact him for over a week.
Glenn isn't the best in the world at picking the blooming phone up so we had tried ...home phone and mobile phone......without success.
Her father then told her that Glenn has been in hospital since last Tuesday.
He has diverticulitis, which is basically what he had all the surgeries for last year.
He is unlikely to be out before this Tuesday.
Bearing in mind how quickly hospitals chuck you out these days, I think he must be pretty rough to have been kept in this long.
Infection and antibiotics were mentioned and I can only assume that these must have been given intravenously for them to keep him in.
But why hadn't we been told?
Donna and I were both very upset.
Had she been at home she would have known what was going on and she would have kept me informed. Instead of which no one knew.
Glenn has probably been in there all this time with no visitors.........except his father maybe.

Donna is going to find out more as soon as she gets back and then let me know.
I am wondering what the long term plan is for him as he can't keep going back into hospital every few months.
I am trying very hard not to be angry as that is a waste of time. Anger doesn't achieve anything and is destructive. I will not allow that to happen.
I shall just have to rely on Donna telling me what is going on.

They went back this morning. I got up to see them go at 4am.
They are currently en route and expect to land around 10pm UK time.
I am already missing them. I have tidied the house and put a lot of Lauren's "stuff" away.
I liked it when it was messy.
They plan to come back at the end of July for a month this time.
So I just have to look forward to that and hope that Glenn's health improves.

Bubba is having more tests on his blood. If they prove negative for a thyroid problem (treatable with medication) then he will have x rays to see what is going on.
Poor big, ole, soppy Bubba.

2 Comments:

At April 25, 2011 at 1:09 PM , Blogger Andy Z said...

Try not to be angry with the hospital. As you say, anger doesn't help. Besides, could it be that Glenn hasn't been looking after himself enough to prevent the symptoms recurring? If there is anything we can do to help, we'll be there. One thing for sure is that we need to drum it into him to stay in touch with you more often and if not you directly, then one of us, as we'll always pass news onto you.

In the meantime, I may go and visit him, as I'm off this week (though I'm looking after Mikey this week also). If I do, I'll go in as Moloch, bash him around the head with a bat'leth, call him a p'tahk for not letting you know and tell him to stop skiving and get back to work!!! (Only joking of course. I'm sure he'll be fine). Best wishes to you and yours xxxx

 
At April 25, 2011 at 1:33 PM , Blogger Sue Banks said...

Actually I am not angry with the hospital at all.
It isn't their fault.
I am shocked because Glenn's father knew all about this, right from the start, even took him to the hospital but didn't tell Donna or myself about it.
Donna had spoken to her dad on a couple of occasions while she was here and he never said anything about it. It came as such a shock to us last night.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home