Friday, January 14, 2011

Happiness is.................

Happiness is = a cup of coffee, the newspaper, the Packers still in the Playoffs, a warm blankie and a couple of kitties.
Well, it is in this instance.
He seems to be enjoying himself.

Last night they dropped me off at work and then went to see Tron at the movies.
I had a brill time at work. I caught up with a lot of paperwork and got the year end stuff up to date.
They didn't.
Have a brill time I mean.
Apparently, Tron was pants.
I got the better end of that deal then.

Weather etc permitting we are going to see a couple of ice hockey games with Gary.
The initial plan is to see the Milwaukee Admirals play the San Antonio Rampage on Jan 21st and then the Rockford Ice Hogs on Feb 4th.
I just hope the games are not full of fights as Donna will be most upset.

This weekend we will be bimbling around the shops. Alan would like to go to Half Price Books which is a fab bookshop. You find stuff in there that you don't find anywhere else.
They do new and old books .
Philip has a Kindle (electronic book reader thingy) which I got him for Christmas. He loves it but I really don't think I would ever want one.
I like books.
I like the look and feel of books, particularly old ones.

Then Saturday evening The Green Bay Packers (our American football team) are in the next round of the play offs. I think they play Atlanta.......but I could be wrong.
Not knowing this is probably sacrilege around here but I really don't understand the game and can't get caught up in it.
Anyway, The Packers are in the playoffs which means they have a chance at being in the Super Bowl which is a really big deal.
I have to smile when it is called The World Championship because there is only America in it.
Not even Canada is in it.
Alan is a big Packer fan. He was before we ever came here.
The first year we were here The Packers were in the Superbowl and were tipped to win easily.
Of course they then lost dreadfully.
Poor Alan. The first time he had got to watch it in the States and in Milwaukee (Packer country) they blooming lost.
So, Go Pack Go.......as they say. I really would love to see them go all the way and then win the Super Bowl with Alan watching it here.
Milwaukee would celebrate big time.
I hope it happens.........just for Alan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home