Thursday, December 23, 2010

Country Springs Lights.


In the morning we had made the Christmas Yule Cake.
Instead of a log I made a chocolate cake, with little mushrooms and decorations on it.
I usually make a fruit cake but Donna and Lauren don't eat it.
The little one at the top is a fruit cake I brought back from England for Philip.
It is impossible to make just one fruit cake that small. I also have difficulty finding the fruit I want over here too.
Last night we went to the Country Springs Hotel where they have amazing lights and animated figure displays all through the grounds.
Pictures really don't do it credit because it is very beautiful.

Apart from the lights they have all these little houses set up which have Christmassy scenes in them.
Afterwards we had exceedingly sweet cappucino which had to be put in the bin as no one could drink the stuff.
It was like hot syrup.


Some of us were very tired after this busy day.

Just now our new neighbour from across the road knocked on the door bearing a gift of home made cookies.
They look amazing and I feel a bit embarrassed that I had nothing to give in return.
Oh dear.
Tonight we are off to see Christmas Carol at the theatre.
After that Donna is out gallavanting......I heard Karaoke mentioned.......oh my.

2 Comments:

At December 23, 2010 at 3:03 PM , Blogger Manky Badger said...

Did she get me a cowboy?

 
At December 23, 2010 at 8:22 PM , Blogger Sue Banks said...

Nope but she got herself one.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home