Friday, November 26, 2010

Time Flies

Can it really be?
Can it really be only a few weeks away from Alanmas?

Yes it can.
Tomorrow is the Christmas Craft Fair at the State Fair Grounds.
This is always the weekend after Thanksgiving.
It is one of my favourite times.
The Christmas Craft Fair.........sigh.

I will admit it does vary.
Sometimes it is fandabbydozy...........sometimes it is not so good.
Last year........it was not so good.
But, it always signals the real start of Christmas for me.
I am always sad when we leave......it is over..........won't happen again for a year.
So sad.
Maybe tomorrow I will find lovely stuff to buy.
I hope so.
Lovely stuff that isn't a ridiculous price. Lovely stuff that I don't see for half the price in the stores............I hope so.

We had a phone call from Alan this week. It seemed strange to say....."see you soon". Already!
Time flies faster and faster the older you get. Scary.

Donna and Lauren should be here in about 3 weeks.
I have been spoilt this year. They came to stay with me for two weeks in February. Then Lauren came for all the summer. I was over there for 6 weeks (when only 4 weeks was planned) now they are both coming back to us for another two weeks. Brilliant.
Next year I doubt I will be so fortunate. Lauren will probably ( I hope) still want to spend the summer with us....but I doubt we shall be together as much as this year.

But as they say "Time flies like an arrow........fruit flies like a banana".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home