Monday, November 29, 2010

Christmas Hats

My Christmas hat. I have had this for quite a few years now. It is still my favourite.

Oh.......poo......the Christmas Craft Fair is over.
I shall have to wait another year for the next one.
But, it was very good.
There seemed even more there this year although my other half assured me that there wasn't.
Things were just laid out differently.
Still looked like more to me.
There were some reasonable prices too.
This is refreshing as, I know crafting supplies are not cheap, but some of the vendors do have some pretty steep prices.
This year there were more sensible ones.
So we bought stuff.
We bought Christmas decorations (like we don't have enough of those already), and some gifts.

Elvis wasn't performing this year. At least not while we were there. There was a reasonable band and then a brill choir who had lovely voices.
I did enjoy that.

We did the whole circuit and then stopped for an English Toffee Cappucino which was delish.
We then did a second circuit (as I couldn't bear to leave yet) before we came out.

Sunday we mostly spent putting the lights on the house.
The last couple of years we had changed over to LEDs as they are cheaper to run.
They are also pants.
They kept going out and we kept having to buy new ones to replace them. I can't stand to see Christmas lights on a house with some not working.
Anyway, it does not work out cheaper with LEDs if you have to keep buying them.
So, this year we have gone back to regular lights.
We have done the house and the garage with multi coloured icicle lights.
They look so pretty.
We didn't get round to putting up the reindeer, snowmen, spiral trees etc......time was running out and we were getting cold.
Hopefully we can finish them off during the week because the weatherman forecast what he euphemistically called our "first significant snow event" for this Saturday.

Oh we have Operation Catstorm that day too.....

1 Comments:

At November 29, 2010 at 1:59 PM , Blogger Manky Badger said...

It's a nice Xmas hat (!)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home