Thursday, October 21, 2010

Poxy Nationwide

This morning Glenn and I met up with Brenda for coffee in Folkestone.
She was so pleased to see us and had bought me lots of lovely little gifts. Bless her.
She is very kind.
After coffee Glenn and I did a bit of shopping and then came back to Ashford to see Donna before she set off to the airport for her holiday in Turkey.
I was so pleased when she opened the door and told me that my card had arrived from Nationwide.
I had ordered a new cash card from them a couple of weeks ago.
For some reason they had not sent me a new card when mine had expired.
At last it was here and I could get money from a cash point as I needed it.
Only it wasn't and I can't.
When I had ordered the new card I gave the lady in the Nationwide my old card and my cheque book with the account number on it.
Of course I can't see the screen she is working on but having given her all the details I presumed she knew what she was doing.
She didn't.
She had ordered me a card on an old postal account I had years ago and which I haven't used in years. She had asked if I needed a new pin number when I ordered the card but I chose not to have a new one as the new card was already going to take about 10 days and I know the pin numbers are sent separately and can arrive days after that.
I would be back home by then.
So, now I have a card for an account I never use with a pin number I have no idea of as I have never, ever used it.
Tomorrow I have to go in there yet again........sigh.
I shall try to get some cash and will have to try to order another card, not that I can use it this time as it will take too long, but so that I have it here for next year when I am over.
I really, really must give Nationwide the elbow next time.
I shall tell everyone to nag me about it because I always think it will be alright next time and it never is.

Spoke to Glenn about the possibility of visiting alpaccas on Saturday but the weather forecast didn't impress him either. Cold, heavy rain and windy..........doesn't sound too tempting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home