Saturday, October 16, 2010

Tiddlypoo

I had tentative plans ( oooh thought I had learned not to do the "planning thing") to go to Hastings for a bonfire and fireworks this evening.
Wasn't to be.
My oldest offspring went out on the razzle last night.
Her best intentions were to only have a couple of drinks.
But, it seems that after that couple of drinks, her best intentions fly right out of the window.
I think it is because she doesn't get the chance to go out much so when I am here I tell her to make the most of having a live-in baby sitter and to go out whenever she wants.
Consequently, she rolled in at around 4am in a condition that I think is technically known as "rat arsed".
I did hear her come in despite her engaging auto pilot. This is not because she is noisy it is just because I am a very light sleeper.
She has not had a good day.
She got up at around 9.30am saying that the hangover hadn't even started yet.
She has spent all day and evening on the sofa under her dressing gown.
I think the hangover set in sometime in the afternoon.
Her poor little face was like a crumpled sock.
I made her a sausage and egg sandwich which helped for a little while but soon she dropped off to sleep, which was probably the best thing she could do.

Yomping around Hastings, bonfires and fireworks were not on her agenda tonight.
Oh well never mind. I wasn't sure who was going as there was talk of a beer festival too so maybe they all went there.

I spent my day amusing myself. I walked to Ashford market which was pants, got rained on, did two lots of washing, walked to Ashford Outlet and had coffee, came back and did two lots of ironing.
Glenn came over bearing Chinese take away. It was yummy.
He is still improving. He still walks awkwardly as his stomach is sore, is still leaking from "his hole" but says he feels better and is eating.

Tomorrow I think we are doing a pub lunch and then a trip to Bybrook Barn.
Does anyone know of any other garden centres that are worth a look? I love it when the Christmas displays go up.

It is Donna's birthday on Wednesday and then she and Lauren go to Turkey for a week on Thursday. I shall be kitty sitting. I won't mind that at all.

1 Comments:

At October 17, 2010 at 1:40 AM , Blogger Manky Badger said...

Daughters do that....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home