Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Gone orf....

Glenn has stayed here at Donna's since Sunday.
He has continued to improve, although he is still sore.
Which, of course, is only to be expected.
He is still on a couple of different sorts of antibiotics so, hopefully, they will clear up any remaining infection.
I think we are still a little shell shocked over the whole episode, but, fingers crossed, the worst is over and behind us.

I shall be here now until October 31st.
I feel as if I have spent most of this trip at the hospital. I haven't seen many chums or done many of the things I was hoping to do.
So, if all goes well, maybe I will manage to catch up over the next couple of weeks.

When I phoned to change my flight back the girl told me she thought it would be about $250, which is what I expected.
She then quoted me $1024.................WHAT.
Apparently, it was because my return ticket was meant to be used within a month. Extending it meant going over that time so it would cost this much.
A one way ticket was even more expensive.

Of course this was way too much. Philip then did a bit of research and found me a return flight from here to Chicago for $609, so he booked it for me.
This means I have a return flight to here that I won't use.
Still a lot of money but not as bad as the first quote.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home