Thursday, October 14, 2010

Almost normal...

Today was a nearly normal day.

After the last few weeks' trials and tribulations (could be a title of something in there), today I tried to do some "normal" things.
I went into town and had a manicure.
I also did a bit of shopping, got a book from a charity shop and ate a shop bought sandwich.
Exciting eh.
Well, it actually was very therapeutic for me to just wander around without having to phone the hospital, visit the hospital and sit and worry in the hospital.
Tomorrow I am going to Folkestone to bimble around there for a bit.
Haven't done that yet this visit.

I phoned Glenn, who seems more like his old self.
This is probably good.
He sounded more upbeat than he has in a while. The tube wound, or as it is affectionately known, his hole, is still leaking gunk but he says it is slightly less gunk than before.
He is still taking antibiotics so I am hoping it dries up by the end of the course as I don't want anything left there to start festering again.

Donna is out gallavanting tomorrow night and I shall be monster.......I mean Lauren, sitting.

Over the next two weeks, if all goes to plan, I shall try to catch up with some chums.
We have a couple coming over on Tuesday evening. I have to see my friend Heather (a very old chum who took me in during my hour of need) and my friend Sue.
Fred wants to take me to some coffee place in Hythe he likes ....think it is called Truly Scrumptious and I really do have to fit Brenda in.
OH Brenda.
She constantly sends me texts.
But, they are not common or garden texts.........these are Brenda texts....i.e.

"Sue, can I come to see Glenn on Friday. I could get the 2.05pm bus from Folkestone and this gets me there for 3.10pm or I could get the 2.25 bus which gets me in at 3.35pm. I sold all my papers today in a couple of hours and .... I am eating my maltezers ....I take my teeth out to eat maltezers as they taste better. Isn't it wonderful about the miners getting out after all this time"

I feel so rotten as I usually text back "ok".

I got Glenn to speak to her on Tuesday and I told her I would speak to her to arrange to meet, at the beginning of next week. But, still the texts come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home