Monday, October 18, 2010

Sundays roasts

Sunday we went to The Walnut Tree in Aldington for lunch.
Donna loves this place but I am not so keen.
It is probably good for meat eaters as they certainly got loads of meat.
Glenn and I had a vegetable roast dinner. Glenn asked for extra roasties as we were not having meat but he didn't get them.
I remember going there once before, maybe last year, and the same thing happened.
We did have plenty to eat but it was a little boring.
Next Sunday it will just be Glenn and I as Donna will be in Turkey. I think we are going to Witherspoon's as we went there once before and it was lovely wovely.
I will let you know.

Today I went into Ashford for a bimble about.
I was gearing up for a row in Nationwide Building Society where I would attempt to get some of my own money out.
Every year I have a problem with them and every year it is a different one.
This time they hadn't sent me a replacement card but the lady assured me last week that I could get money out by taking in my i.d.
I wasn't convinced. I had a similar problem the year before last and I asked if I could cash
a cheque made out to cash. Absolutely not I was told. I could write someone else a cheque and they could cash it but I couldn't cash one myself.
But, this time, the lady said I should bring in passport etc and answer a lot of questions and that would work.
So, in I went , ready for a barney. I knew it couldn't be that simple
I was armed to the teeth with i.d. Passport at the ready. Poised to answer questions.
I explained the problem to the nice man.
"Oh ok," said the nice man, " Just write out a cheque to cash and you can have your money".

Funny how last time I was treated as a moron for even suggesting such a thing.
And he never asked me one question or wanted to see my passport.
Mad or what?

2 Comments:

At October 18, 2010 at 1:39 PM , Blogger Andy Z said...

Yes, The Walnut Tree isn't a favourite pub of ours. Just ask Dave. I gave it a slating this year when we all went for lunch there.

 
At October 18, 2010 at 2:43 PM , Blogger Manky Badger said...

Walnut tree - the beer was vinegar and the food was awful. And the toilets... I'd rather use the gutter !

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home