Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Chilly

Today I got the train to Canterbury.
Oh but it was so cold.
It almost spoilt it for me as I just could not get warm all day.
Only almost though. I love Canterbury and spent my day bimbling from shop to shop and also from coffee shop to coffee shop.
I didn't buy much.
Money is a bit tight as I have extended my stay by two weeks.
Four weeks funds now have to cover six.
The fact that the airlines have limited us to one suitcase each means that I can't carry much stuff back with me anyway.
Usually I stock up on goodies for Christmas and some Christmas pressies.
This time I have only bought a few things that I really can't get back home.
I have bought a couple of boxes of special stuffing (for Thanksgiving and Christmas) the stuff I can buy back there is pants.
Of course I got Bombay Mix........have to have that and yorkshire pud mix. Can't make them from scratch over there as they just don't rise. I think the flour is different. Cuppa soups & pot noodles were also a must have.
I have bought a couple of treats for Philip for Christmas but really have to stop now as my one suitcase will be overweight.

Donna and Lauren will be off to Turkey for a week tomorrow.
Glenn and I will be going to Folkestone to meet up with Brenda.
She has been so anxious for us to have a "get together" bless her.
I expect she will send me a text or two afterwards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home