Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Carry on again Doctor

Doc Octopus.
That is who Glenn looks like at the moment, with all the tubes coming out of his belly etc.
I phoned the hospital first thing and was told he was ok and that they were now going to watch him for a few days to see if this latest surgery has done the trick.
By Friday they will know if he is improving or if not they will do another CT scan to find out if anything else is going on in there.

We are all hoping that he will just recover now as he should have done before.
The visiting hours in this ward, Kings A2, are 2pm - 8pm.
I got there a little early as I was worried and needed to see him for myself.
He was a bit fed up at first.
He was concerned because they want to get him out of bed into a chair for an hour and he wasn't looking forward to being shuffled about.
I did explain to him that it is important to get people moving again after surgery and I think he understood.
He wasn't eating yet but they are hopeful he will feel like eating tomorrow.
He was really chuffed when Dave came to see him and then Steven Long arrived about 3.30pm.
I think it must have been good for him to see a couple of fresh faces.
He got quite animated talking to Steve about gaming. It really did him good.
Looking at me all day can't be fun.
If anyone would like to pop in to see him ( as long as you don't have colds and things) I know he would be very pleased to see you.

Donna came to collect me and after making a phone call to check that it was ok, we whizzed round to Heather and Andy's to make the aquaintance of Michael.
Oh he is so cute.
Donna and I fought over him and I am sure that will happen to him many times in his life.
All my old baby songs resurfaced and he seemed to enjoy them as much as my babies did many years ago.
Or he may have been being very polite. What a gentleman.
We even managed to change his babygro for him. Haven't done that in a while.
Good to see that baby foots still look like little pig trotters in a babygro.
After the last couple of weeks it was good therapy for me to just play with a gorgeous baby for a while.
We couldn't stay long so unfortunately I didn't get to see Andy.

1 Comments:

At October 7, 2010 at 11:58 AM , Blogger Heather said...

You were so lucky he didn't throw up on you!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home