Saturday, October 30, 2010

One more sleep.

One more sleep and I shall be heading for the airport.
I always have very mixed feelings at this time.
I have been away much longer than usual. Sometimes it seems like I haven't been here long but when I look at all the events which unfolded during my stay.....it seems like I arrived a very long time ago.
We were not expecting all the drama surrounding Glenn.
He, by the way is much better now and will be returning to work on Monday.
He is obviously better because he went to a meeting of the Astronomy Club yesterday as he particularly wanted to hear the speaker.
Unfortunately, the speaker does seem to have wound a few people up and, of course, Glenn had something to say.
From what he tells me, he is very sorry that he interrupted the guy and wishes he hadn't.
But, at least he knew when to stop and didn't go into a full "Basil Fawlty" moment which he has been known to do on occasion.

As usual whilst looking forward to getting home I am not looking forward to the flight.
It is a long time to be sitting in a cramped seat but I haven't got a choice so I have to put up with it.
I am hoping for an uneventful, boring flight. That is the ideal.
I hope Milwaukee hasn't got snow yet. It was 85F when I left. I have a strong suspicion that won't be the case when I get back.

1 Comments:

At October 30, 2010 at 12:42 PM , Blogger Philip said...

59F at the moment, no snow.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home