Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Dover Castle

Today was off to Dover Castle with my mate Heather.
My mate Heather is brill.
We worked together for many years at Christchurch/Duncan Bowen.
She also took me in during my hour/hours of need. When I had no roof over my head she provided me with not only a room & bed but a listening ear. Good ole Heaths.
I think of her as one of my true friends. I think I am fortunate in having a few long term, true friends. The ones who you maybe won't see in years but you pick up where you left off with no trouble at all.
Anyway, Dover Castle is fab, even in the cold, wind and rain. I will admit that some of it was closed due to the weather, but they had a special Halloween event on which helped.
We went on a ghostly tour which had ghosts leaping out now and again to give us their stories of why they were haunting Dover Castle.
It was a lot of fun.
There is a sort of trolley bus thingy which transports people around the place. We were so cold, Heather and I hopped on this and just didn't get off for a bit.
We went round a couple of times just because we needed to warm up.
After doing the 'secret wartime tunnels' we decided lunch was in order (it was 3pm) so set off for a very nice place she knew in Dover.
We then did a little detour home. We went via Deal and Walmer so she could show me Deal and Walmer Castles. Who knew they all had castles?
Home again, tired and cold.
Not for long though as Chippy was picking me up to go to Dave & Tina's.
So glad I went. I got to see Martin, Matt, Lisa & others who I hadn't managed to see this visit.
I wish I could have seen more of them as it isn't until I see them that I realise how much I miss these people.......but Glenn had other ideas and it has taken me all this time to get to see them.
Maybe one day they will come to visit me. Who knows.
But, we had a good laugh, which was always the case, and I am glad I did eventually get to see them.
Tonight I am tired. It has been a long day. I shall wait up for Philip to call. Milwaukee is 6 hours behind the UK so it won't be until around 11.45pm .
I don't mind though. It will be good to talk to him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home