Friday, October 29, 2010

Cry whoopsie and let slip the kitties of slight unpleasantness.

Yesterday I stormed into Nationwide.
No I didn't.
I sort of drizzled into Nationwide.
After shrieking at (explaining ) to the banshee (nice young lady) behind the counter what had happened, she cackled to (called on) an old hag (supervisor) to oversee her entering the new card details into her magical box of tricks (computer).
She told the supervisor who it was who had wrongly ordered the new card last time. They then both rolled their eyes skywards.
Hmmmm.....obviously nothing unusual for that young guttersnipe (nice young man) then.
So, I have been assured, repeatedly that the new card will be the correct one but of course I should be home in Milwaukee before it arrives.
I shall ask Donna to check it when it arrives here.
I wonder what they will send me this time?

Last night Andy and Glenn came round.
Although I had seen Andy's wife and new baby son on this visit, I hadn't managed to catch up with Andy.
He is hosting a murder mystery evening in a couple of weeks time.
I admire him for not using packaged game. He is working it out himself.
Glenn who has done lots of RP gaming had a few ideas and some helpful hints for him.
There are few pitfalls that you have to be aware of with this type of activity and it is better to have them pointed out to you beforehand rather than find out on the night.
Glenn and at least one other of the guests who have done a lot of this stuff, will be useful to guide other people along until they get the hang of it.
If it had been taking place whilst I was over here I would have loved to go.
I think it will be a lot of fun.

Good luck with it all Andy. Let me know afterwards 'who dun it' and why?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home