Friday, October 1, 2010

Glenny

I am getting worried about Glenn.
It is a week since he had his appendix out and he isn't very well.
He keeps sleeping, has lost his appetite and is generally feeling rather poorly.
He looks rough too.
He still has not received his discharge letter from the hospital.
He has had no instructions on how to look after the wound.
After several phone calls, when they promised they had sent it, it turns out that not only have they only just sent it but that they only put a second class stamp on it.
I know I complain about the American health care system and how much it costs just to sneeze out of tune, but I am really not impressed with this episode.

This evening he took off the dressing. We don't know if he was supposed to but there comes a time when you feel you should.
It was a bit of a shock.
Everyone told me, and he was told in the hospital, that it is just a key hole surgery these days.
Well, if that is the case it his would hold a blooming big key.
The wound was about 6 inches long !!
Donna had hers done years ago and that was tiny.
Looks like they had a bit of a rummage around in there.

If the letter doesn't come tomorrow we are going to the hospital to pick up a copy.
Glenn will not be attending the wedding next week now.
Fortunately Alan will be there so I won't feel totally alone among strangers.
Glenn will not be fit enough to drive there and certainly not strong enough to last all day.
I would be very worried about him all the time too.

Today the weather is pants. I haven't seen what tomorrow is meant to do.
I am supposed to be going to watch Lauren have a golf lesson. I don't know if they still have lessons when it is pouring rain.
We also had the opportunity to go visit some alpaccas, which I had to decline when Donna reminded me of the golf, but I suppose that wouldn't have been much fun if the weather's bad either.
I like alpaccas though. They have them at state fair.
Oh well, I expect they would have spat at me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home