Tuesday, September 21, 2010

I'm hererererereerrere

Well, I had an uneventful flight..........which is just the way I like it.
No one wants an eventful flight.

I am almost over the jet lag.
Yesterday, my first full day, I got the bus into Ashford town but found myself going a bit wobbly now and again.
I love Ashford town centre.
I love the fact that I can bimble around for a couple of hours.
The Pound shop is amazing .........I think the 99 pence shop is a bit downmarket though.

Last night I didn't sleep much but I got the bus into town again.
Donna was working yesterday and today.
Tomorrow she is off to Brussels to see U2 in concert so today I went and got her some Euros.
I couldn't believe how few Euros she got for her Pounds.

She asked me to change £50.
She got ...........55 Euros.
That is awful. Well, I think so.

She will be leaving at 6am tomorrow and returning Thursday evening.
Lauren will have to look after me while she is away.

I will be staying up a bit later tonight as Philip is phoning me. He gets in from work about 5.45pm but of course the time difference means that will be 11.45pm for me.

I expect I will start to visit people (if I am invited) next week.
I hope this weather continues for me. It did last year.
Sunday we are going out for a roast dinner at a pub. Oh I am so excited.
That is one of the few things you can't do in the States.
I am really looking forward to it.
The food in the supermarkets is much better here too.
Going around Sainsbury's, Tesco or Asda are all such treats for me. The choice of veggies, the variety of everything and the fab veggie meals..............there are so much more here than back there.

3 Comments:

At September 21, 2010 at 3:26 PM , Blogger Manky Badger said...

Astro club on Friday :o) ?

 
At September 22, 2010 at 12:22 PM , Blogger kalon said...

Open door at ours, feel free to drop in any time.

 
At September 22, 2010 at 2:00 PM , Blogger Uji, Angel Izzy, Ziggy, Angel Bean, Angel Hiro and Momma Tea said...

and heres me in love with Walmart, walgreens and kroger................lol

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home