Friday, September 10, 2010

Tougher than I thought

I haven't started packing yet but I have started to put things out that I know I will need to take with me.
It isn't going to be easy.
I usually bring two large cases which are totally filled with stuff.
I stay for a month so you tend to need a lot of stuff.
Well, the airlines have now limited the checked luggage to just one case per person.
And........they have lowered the weight limit.
The one case I can bring mustn't weigh more than around 20 kilos.
It isn't a lot when you factor in the weight of the case to start with.
I have told family etc that I cannot bring all the little gifts that I would usually.
Absolutely no sweeties. Sweets are surprisingly heavy when you start buying bags of them.
To be honest no one ever really seemed to appreciate half the stuff I lugged over anyway.

I am attending a "bit of a do" whilst I am there so I have to bring the posh frock, fascinator & shoes. I also have to bring the gift. I have got something small and light.
I shall put out all my stuff and then probably have to throw out half of it.
This is going to be a nightmare. How will I get what I need into just one case and keep the weight within reason.
Coming back will be pants too.
I like going over at this time of year because the Christmas supplies are just in the shops and I usually stock up on stuff I can't get here.
I doubt I can bring back, regal icing, marzipan, Bombay mix, pot noodles, wine gums etc this time.
If I was prepared to pay another $50 I could bring a second case.
Blooming cheek. The airfare has already almost doubled so they can forget that.

I am hoping to attend an Astronomy Club meeting while I am there.
Glenn said he would come with me. I think it is quite an interesting topic.
I am not sure about the archeology one though.
I also have various friends in Folkestone and Ashford that I want to catch up with.
The "bit of a do" is in Whitstable........I don't know if I have ever been there so that should be interesting.
Is Whitstable interesting? I hope so.

2 Comments:

At September 10, 2010 at 2:16 PM , Blogger Manky Badger said...

Whitstable has a kite shop and a brewery.
What else need be said?

 
At September 10, 2010 at 2:35 PM , Blogger Sue Banks said...

Sounds marvellous. I can't imagine why I have never been there before.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home