Monday, September 27, 2010

Weekend

Coo...over a week gone by now.
It has gone by very quickly.

Glenn is home and doing well. I think he wasn't expecting to feel quite as rough as he does.
After having the operation in the early hours of Friday, he thought he would be able to go to work on Monday.
I think he knows different to that now.

I sat with Lauren on Saturday night so that Donna could go gallavanting.
Then her mate turned up and asked if she could stay as her mum was going gallavanting.
Oh well, one more wouldn't make much difference.
They were fine.
Loads of noise & giggling.......girls!
I had to blow up an inflatable bed for her. That was a bit of an adventure in itself.
It eventually cooperated.
I didn't worry about bed times but when Lauren asked at around 11pm if they could slide down the stairs on a duvet..........I had to disappoint them.
They were still in giggle mode when Donna came home at around 12.30am.
We eventually all turned in after 1am.
Donna did tell me the next day that when Lauren's mate stays she makes sure they are in bed by 10.30 pm.
Ooops............they had fun though and they weren't any trouble.

Sunday we went out for a Sunday roast in a pub.
Glenn wasn't up for it yet. His dad was collecting him to have lunch round at his house.
We were going to some place in Aldington but on the way passed the Queen's Head in Kingsnorth which had a sign outside.
"Home cooked Sunday roast. All fresh vegetables", it proclaimed.
So we decided to give it a go.

It was fab. This is one of the few things I can't get back in Milwaukee.
Sunday roast is unheard of. It is strictly a British tradition.
Even at Christmas they don't traditionally have roast. I have never seen a roast potato anywhere. Odd isn't it.
At Thanksgiving, although they do have roast turkey, they have mashed potatoes with it.
Pants.
Ok so I can cook a roast dinner at home but for me to have someone else cook it and plonk it in front of me is a luxury indeed.
I look forward to it all year. I was not disappointed.
We would definitely go back again, hopefully next week and we can take Glenn with us too.

1 Comments:

At September 28, 2010 at 6:03 PM , Blogger Uji, Angel Izzy, Ziggy, Angel Bean, Angel Hiro and Momma Tea said...

Tell Glenn when I see him next I expect to compare scars...........lol

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home