Monday, August 23, 2010

Toora Loora

This was a novel contraption.
We saw it as we returned from Irish Fest on Saturday.
All those people are pedalling.
They are also sitting at a bar drinking beer.
There is a guy at the front, who one presumes is sober, doing the actual steering.
It looked like a lot of fun.
I reckon I could get away with the same thing I did whenever I got talked into going on one of those 2, 3 or 4 seater bikes that you always see on holiday.
I always faked the pedalling and just sat there.
Sitting there with a glass of wine or three whilst pretending to pedal would be even better.
Plus, they were going around taking in the sites of Milwaukee.
Brill.

River Rhythms was fun on Wednesday.
Everything in Milwaukee has been very Irish and very green this week.
The band was Irish/Cajun and very lively.
Lauren liked them a lot.
A couple of sausages from Milwaukee Brewers baseball team showed up.
They were a lot of fun and even tried a bit of an Irish jig along with the band.
It must have been awfully hot in there though.

Saturday we went to Irish Fest on the Lakefront.
This is one of the bigger festivals.
I heard one man in the queue say that he and his wife came every year from Florida, just for Irish Fest.
Lots & lots of dancing, fiddling, tug o war, boozing etc.
I am wearing a dress in this pic. YES ...me ...in a.....DRESS.
See, I do have legs.
"Oh Matron........what a whopper!!!"

It was very hot again so after a few hours we had had enough and came home.
Lauren went out with her mates and we relaxed a bit.
Sunday was a bimbling day.
We went out for brekkie and then bimbled around the shops for bits and pieces.
Just one more week left.
I will try not to be too sad because I shall be heading for England just 3 weeks after she has gone back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home