Wednesday, August 18, 2010

No time for chillin'

After getting his @#$% whooped at pucker golf, Philip had a chance of revenge at mini golf.
I didn't play as although I enjoy it, I find it plays my back up something shocking since I hurt it recently.
I did get to wear the lucky hat though.
I kept scores.
It was neck & neck.
Both got a hole in one, at different holes. Both scored over 6 on a couple of occasions.
In the end when I added it up......it was a draw.
So a rematch would seem to be the order of the day.

Last night we were invited down to Mary & Marty's for s'mores.
I don't know if they do this in England but it is very big over here, particularly with campers.
I know a couple of campers so they might want to write this recipe down and arm themselves with the ingredients (all 3 of them) before their next trip.
You need the big, fat marshmallows.
Put one on a stick and toast it over the fire.


Be warned if you toast it too close or too long it will quickly turn black. Some people like them like that but a golden brown is what you should aim for.
You also need graham crackers - these are like thin digestives. Any thin, sweet biscuit would do I am sure.
You also need bars of chocolate.
When you have your marshmallow hot & golden you place it and a couple of squares of chocolate between two biscuits.
You then squish them together. The heat from the marshmallow melts the chocolate a little.
Then you eat them.
Yummo.
They got the name s'more because you always want s'more.
I think this would be a fun thing to do whilst camping.
All those who have imbibed a bevvy or three should be aware that an over toasted marshmallow will either drop off the stick or slide down it very quickly if you hold it up.
When it lands in your lap you will find you sober up rather swiftly.

When we walked back to our house the fire flies were out. I love them. They look like little fairies to me.

1 Comments:

At August 18, 2010 at 1:55 PM , Blogger Manky Badger said...

When we took the scouts to Canada (twice) we did smores both times. The molten marshmallow gets *everywhere* !!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home