Friday, September 3, 2010

Outnumbered.

I have just had the best time.
We usually go out for something to eat on Fridays.
Nowhere posh, just for a soup & sandwich etc.

Anyway, when we got into the cafe I noticed a family just sitting down at a large table and I decided they looked interesting, so sat down nearby.
They had seven kids with them.
The oldest, a boy, may have been just about 8 years old.
They went down in steps, 4 boys & 3 girls the youngest being a baby about a year old.
It was hilarious.
Well it was from where we were sitting.

It reminded me of the TV series that Glenn sent me from the UK "Outnumbered".
Only it was "Outnumbered" on steroids.
All the kids were chattering, the baby was eating a napkin, the 3 oldest boys were trying to stamp on each others feet and seeing who could do the loudest burps, my favourite, a little girl of around 3 named CoCo was de-noodling her soup.
She was fascinated with stirring it so hard that most of it slopped out onto the table.
She then started to wail that there were no noodles in her chicken noodle soup.
The frazzled mum said "Well there were before you started stirring it".

I have to say it was the best cabaret act I have seen in a long time.
At one point the long suffering dad leaned over to us and said " I am sorry if you thought you were coming out for a quiet meal".
To which I replied that it was the most fun I had had in a long time and thanked him for it.
At one point I was literally crying with laughter and had given up trying to stifle it.
Even Philip was giggling.

I was sorry when they eventually left and having heard the dad, as they went out the door, tell them all to get in the car, I suddenly realised..........bloody hell, they had to have all that lot in the car with them.
Can you imagine?
I smiled when the mum did a quick check to make sure they hadn't left anything behind....she looked under the table.
I suppose she was checking for stray kids.
I can't begin to imagine what it must be like at home.

They certainly livened up my evening anyhow.

1 Comments:

At September 5, 2010 at 2:09 PM , Blogger Tia said...

Kat and I like Outnumbered too. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home