Saturday, July 17, 2010

Lauren Fest

This weekend it is Festa Italiana.........or Italian Fest.
They fester every weekend in Milwaukee through the summer.
But our most wonderful Fest begins in 2 weeks.
Lauren Fest.
She will be arriving in 2 weeks time on August 1st and staying through the month of August.
Oh heavens be praised .......we can hardly wait.
I have been buying bits and pieces to put aside for her visit. Stuff like books, puzzles, crafting things etc.
She has her own room here and I want her to feel that this is her second home with her own stuff here all the time, just waiting for her visits.
I will admit we are both soppy about her.
She claimed Lollipop as her own cat shortly after we got her.
Lolly is our naughtiest cat and I keep warning her that her mummy will be here soon to sort her out.
I must book my flight over soon too.
I phoned the travel agent yesterday to see if they could get me a cheaper deal.
Nope.
They came back with the same $973 + $25 fee for their services.
Stuff their services, I shall book online. I could bugger about and save a dollar here and there but oh sod it, I will come when I want to.
As my mum would say "to hell with poverty, throw another pea in the soup".


I went to physical therapy on Thursday .......for my poorly back.
My poorly back which had been gradually improving .................until I went to poxy therapy.
It is all money making over here.
I arrived at 5.15pm and didn't get out until 7pm.
I started by getting them all laughing at me. I do feel I do this as a sort of coping technique.
By saying dopey things and acting the fool I seem to offset the fact that I am hurting.
I wish I wouldn't do it as I am sure I lose a lot of sympathy this way. I do remember my dad doing the same thing though.
So, after telling them I felt "spifflicating" and asking them not to call me "shortly".....sigh I think I had lost it.

They got me doing exercises and then put me on the electric stimulating thingies ("it's alive!!!) plus heat.
When I came out I didn't feel too bad but once I got home I started to feel rather poorly.
Very poorly in fact.
I had sat down at the computer to have a dabble on Facebook and maybe play a little Lord of The Rings when I suddenly didn't feel good at all.
I had to go lie down on the sofa............much good this did as I was almost immediately covered in 4 cats one of which (Lollipop...see above) thought she had to keep tapping me on the nose to see if I was still compos mentis.
The next day I was worse than I had been for the past week.
Well, bugger poxy therapy then. It had set me way back.
I sent an email to my friend who is a tra la posh nursing manager and she said she wouldn't have had the useless therapies on her hand (she had had surgery) if she had known it would cost $8K !!!
$8000 ...........what!!!!!! No wonder my therapist said I should have this nonsense twice a week for the next few weeks. I hope our insurance covers this one visit.

They are all in it for the money over here. Sorry but it is true.
I do feel that OK I injured a back muscle or two, but they were healing. The therapy seems to have jiggled them up and undone a lot of the healing that had taken place.
Today I have been a bit better. I have decided I am going to cancel the future appointments they made me.
They go right through August and I have no intention of being poorly during Lauren Fest.

Tonight I have had a glass of wine and a couple of brandies and I feel that all is right with the world.
I am going for liquid therapy.

5 Comments:

At July 18, 2010 at 10:07 AM , Blogger Heather said...

Can I use liquid therapy for sleep deprivation???

 
At July 18, 2010 at 2:18 PM , Blogger Sue Banks said...

I would.

 
At July 18, 2010 at 5:27 PM , Blogger Uji, Angel Izzy, Ziggy, Angel Bean, Angel Hiro and Momma Tea said...

Sounds like a plan to me sadly though my liquid therapy is coffe and or chicken noodle soup not nearly as much fun as yours sounds tho. Lauren fest sounds fun and I look forward to hearing all about it and see uber amounts fo piccies Missus. Try the green bengay on your back I think it is brilliant ( plus I is not allergic to it ) I swear by it wish you could still get it here though.
Take care of that back and let me know what date your going to be coming over so I can make sure I tidy up before you come for dinner
Luv
Me

 
At July 18, 2010 at 5:38 PM , Blogger Sue Banks said...

Hey.......never any need to tidy up for me. I like to see people not houses. I shall look for green bengay.
I am sure I shall bore everyone with way too many piccies of LaurenFest.
I hope you can soon enjoy a large glass of vino.....or two.
-x-

 
At July 19, 2010 at 1:17 PM , Blogger Uji, Angel Izzy, Ziggy, Angel Bean, Angel Hiro and Momma Tea said...

Just as well then hon my house always looks like Hiroshima on a bad day.........lol

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home