Monday, June 28, 2010

Bugger

What cute little guys.
I couldn't figure out what they were and told Philip they looked like baby Star Wars Oompa Loompas.
Apparently they were NOT Oompa Loompas in Star Wars they were Enochs....or something similar.

Ticked off today.
We had a reasonably quiet weekend.
SummerFest is on at the moment and it isn't our thing.
It is held on the lakefront and is reputedly the biggest music festival in the world.
It is on for about 10 days and has many big names playing.
It is very, very big. .........The Big Gig is the local name for it.
I think there are around 10 stages playing at the same time. When we first moved here, almost 13 years ago, we did go a couple of times.
It is so crowded though. People are all having a good time and that is great but I just can't deal with being hemmed in by such crowds.
It is really for the youngsters and good luck to them.
It also means that travel / parking downtown is a bit of a nightmare. For this reason we will not be going to River Rhythms on Wednesday this week.

But now I have another reason.
I just did my back in ......big time. Doing what??????
I will tell you.
I was dragging washing out of the machine when.....Ping!.......my lower back went.
I am now in agony and can barely move.
I have sat down to write this and know it is going to be very difficult to get up again.
Pants.
I have rubbed some BioFreeze gel on and taken some paracetamol but it doesn't feel much better.
I am hopeful that it will just ease off as the day progresses, but as I usually see my glass is half full only to find out it isn't, I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't.
I wanted to go to the mall tomorrow and I have work on Wednesday.....I do hope this just fades away bloody quick.
Pants.

4 Comments:

At June 29, 2010 at 5:08 AM , Blogger Uji, Angel Izzy, Ziggy, Angel Bean, Angel Hiro and Momma Tea said...

Hotty water bottle helps for me honey, sorry your feeling pants and hope it eases soon for you. Will have to send you some pickled cabbage to cheer you up

x x x x

 
At June 29, 2010 at 8:35 AM , Blogger Sue Banks said...

You have cheered me up already with just the thought of pickled red cabbage. I hope you are feeling ok too.

 
At June 29, 2010 at 2:32 PM , Blogger Uji, Angel Izzy, Ziggy, Angel Bean, Angel Hiro and Momma Tea said...

Will get some cabbage when I am out tomorrow :o), about time I sent a package to my other friend so will send you one too
x x x x

 
At June 29, 2010 at 3:24 PM , Blogger Sue Banks said...

Nooo...you mustn't spend your money on postage. It isn't cheap to send stuff over here.
It is a very kind thought though.....thank you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home