Thursday, July 15, 2010

Fascinating.


I made my first venture out to the mall on Tuesday, since my back went pop.
I didn't do too badly actually.
I needed a dress for a "do" I am hoping to attend in England in October.
I had been looking on ebay but couldn't find the sort of thing I wanted.
Anyway, the sales are on in the mall, so I decided to take a peek.

It was brill.
I almost forgot my sore back when I found a beautiful purple dress and chiffon jacket reduced from $100 to $50.
Hmmmm...............I decided to haggle a bit and eventually got the whole set for around $25.
Woo hoo........I love a bargain.
It fits perfectly and is my favourite colour.
Ha...now I knew what colour fascinator to get.
Milwaukee doesn't seem to be exactly awash with fascinators.
Beer and sausages........yes.........fascinators - not so much.
So, back to good old ebay. What did we do without it?
I found exactly what I wanted ........see above.

The auction was going to end in an hour. The price was $5.99 and the shipping was about $7 and it was brand new.
I still hummed and hawwed.
Then I saw that there was another one, exactly the same only being sold by another company for over $50!!!!
So, I bid on it and got it for $5.99.
Another bargain.
Now I am all set up for the "do".........well apart from shoes & handbag but I can maybe borrow those from Donna.

We went to River Rhythms last night. First time in a weeks, due to backs, tooths and tornadoes.
Coo.......that sounds like a rock band.
I actually didn't care who was playing over there, I just needed to get out. Or so I thought.
It sounded alright - Bill somebody, native American singer/musician, won 3 Grammy Awards.
I quite like the native American sound with flutes etc. I find it rather haunting and atmospheric.
It started quite well with him playing a flute and guitar. He was all on his own.
Philip remarked that he didn't say much.
Sigh......it went downhill from there.
He never stopped talking. He banged on and on about native Americans and how they were treated........his previous abused life..........his addictions............his post traumatic stress..........oh please.
His songs from then on got more and more miserable. Not much dancing tonight, thought I.
He complained that he hadn't been booked for Indian Summer Festival (actually my favourite one) which is held in September.
I wasn't surprised. This festival is fab. Full of vibrant colours, dancing, music and celebration.
He would fit right in...........not.

I don't understand some people who do nothing but complain, they yearn for this or that and whinge the whole time if they don't get it, then whinge the whole time if they do get it.
Maybe some people just like to moan all the time. Nothing is ever right. I know a couple of people like that. Instead of finding happiness and joy in something they find other reasons to moan.
Do they not realise that people stay away because, to be honest, they are just not fun to be around?
My mum had a good saying...."Oh he is only happy when he is miserable".
By contrast I know other people who have lots of hardships and difficulties they are trying to get through but put on a brave face and try to be so upbeat.
They will always have lots of support from people who admire their determination.

Well, this singer/musician certainly pushed us away. By the interval we had had enough and packed up and left. It was good to see Gary but I hope next week's band have a bit more oomph.
People go to these things to be entertained not to listen to a message.

Oh nearly forgot.
I was waiting at the bus stop to go to work yesterday and was looking at the drivers of cars going by and also stopped at the lights.
Along came this woman, driving an SUV, eating ...............a bowl of cereal.
She had a bowl of cereal & milk in one hand and her spoon in the other - whilst driving.
Amazing.

3 Comments:

At July 16, 2010 at 11:03 PM , Blogger Uji, Angel Izzy, Ziggy, Angel Bean, Angel Hiro and Momma Tea said...

So glad to hear the back is improving, gosh that dude sounds like a right downer don't think I would have stuck around either. Yay you on getting such a snazzy sounding outfir for a such a steal and that is most definately a fascinating facinator Missus

Love
Me
xx

 
At July 17, 2010 at 8:17 PM , Blogger Sue Banks said...

Bless you :) I am looking forward to meeting the person who has captivated Kalon........ooh Captivating Kalon....sounds like a posh perfume.

 
At July 18, 2010 at 5:21 PM , Blogger Uji, Angel Izzy, Ziggy, Angel Bean, Angel Hiro and Momma Tea said...

Ohh it does doesn't it........... lol

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home