Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Lauren Fest Fast Approaches.

This is naughty Lollipop.
She squishes herself in between the top of my computer and the top of the desk because she always used to do that when she was little.
I wonder how their minds work?
Does she wonder why it has become such a tight squeeze?
She also likes to bat my hand while I am using the mouse.
But, she is in for a shock..........her mummy, Lauren, arrives in just 4 more sleeps.
Only 4 sleeps!
She will sort out the naughty Lolly.

Tonight is River Rhythms. I am informed that it is a "Battle of The Bands" tonight.
I don't know how heated the battle will be but I am sure it will be entertaining.

I have booked my flights to and from Jolly Old England.
I am not putting this on Facebook as I don't want to tell the world.
I should be arriving on September 19th and returning on October 17th.
I am hoping to attend an Astro club thingy about looking for E.T.
I am not sure about the Arky 'ology club though.
I remember seeing something on for October 9th but that is the day Glenn and I will be going to a "bit of a do" so I have to scrub that.

My friend Heather should be back from working in Dubai and my friend Fred is back from Spain.
I didn't get to see them last year, so I am looking forward to seeing them this time.
Simon & Sarah are now both working in Shanghai so I won't be seeing them.
Oh well, win some, lose some.

I hope to meet up with some new friends too. That will be fun.
I think I would go nuts if I couldn't get back "home" once a year.

Dave Barry has travelled.
A quote from his time in Beijing.

At the Beijing Opera when the performers sing, electronic signboards next to the stage show English translations of the lyrics, but this is not all that helpful for following the plot.
For example, one of the works I saw was called (really) The Great Immortal Herb Robbery.
The main character, a woman who is also (although I may have this wrong) a snake, sings, in a voice pitched high enough to alarm dogs as far away as Peru :-
"On the dragon boat festival, I drank too much."
Then, after miming around some more, she sings,
"I won't return home unless I get the immortal herbs."
Then, as you have probably already guessed, she gets into a stick fight with the crane-boys and the deer-boys.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home