Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The Royal Bedchamber

Well, it is complete. The Princess Bedchamber is done. No more poxy cork tiles and burnt orange shag pile carpet.
I looks like a completely different room now.
I thought I had better take some photos now before she arrives on Sunday and wrecks it.

You will see there is a cat tree by the window at one end of the room.
This is an attempt to encourage the kitties to go in here and pester Lauren in the morning instead of us.
I am also going to teach Lauren how to feed them..........this should ensure she gets tapped.
She is going to get two kittens of her own after her holidays so my excuse it that it is stuff she needs to know.
I do hope it works.
Mind you..........sometimes it is a blessing.
This morning Lilly came and licked my cheek. She doesn't usually do that and I rolled over to look at the clock.
The alarm hadn't gone off and Philip should have been up.
He was sound asleep and would have been very late if she hadn't woken me.
Funny how they always wake me.
Might have something to do with the way they get shoved off the bed if they do it to Philip.
He also has a squirty bottle of water at his side of the bed in case anyone proves to be too insistent.
We went to Bastille Days on Saturday, downtown.
There was going to be the Circus Parade on Sunday which would have meant nightmare parking so we decided Saturday was a better bet.
I still really don't know why Milwaukee does Bastille Days. No one here speaks French.....in fact they don't go in for speaking any other language apart from the Mexicans who contrary to what a guy at Gary's place of work said, speak Spanish..............NOT Mexican as he insisted.

In its history there were French fur trappers who traded with the American Indians.......probably before all the "unpleasantness".
But, apart from that, everyone I have spoken to doesn't seem to like the French very much.
They are quite disparaging about their war time exploits.

Anyway, there were bands, stalls, FOOD (not a lot of French food ........not really any.........oh....there was some Cajun stuff which is near enough I suppose) and that grand old French tradition..........Belly Dancers!

No, I don't know either.

These Wisconsin Belly Dancers had gone way overboard on the belly part of this endeavor.
I would imagine that they must have reached at least a 6.5 .......on the Richter Scale and there are probably undulating waves still in motion some 3 days later.
Good job my vertigo is improving.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home