Saturday, July 4, 2009

Fireworks R Not Us

Wimped out of the fireworks this year.
We usually go.
We used to go and watch them over Lake Michigan. It is held on July 3rd.......giving everyone their chance to do their own thing on July 4th.......which means something to the people here.
When we lived downtown it was a piece of cake.
Walk down to the lakefront, stake your claim on a bit of grass, peg out your blankie, set your chairs up and wait for the show.
Of course you would need to be there by about 3.30pm to find the last piece of grass even though the fireworks were not going to be on until around 10 pm.
But, it was fun sitting there with everyone else, hoping you didn't need the loo.
Even when we moved out to the burbs, Gary still lived down there so he would be our scout.
He would stake our claim and he also lived near enough that we could go to his apartment when we needed the loo.
Now, we all live in the burbs and parking is a nightmare.
So, we have started to watch the slightly inferior fireworks in our local park.

But this year........no.
I have felt pants today with my vertigo.
I had no "oooomph".
I hate it when I am "oooomphless".
I could not be bothered to go to the park. Well, I suppose it didn't help that they have dug up the road we usually park on and I don't know where we would have parked.
Anyway, we didn't go.
We did go shopping today........well we attempted to.
It seemed every road we needed to get onto had just been shut down for a 4th July parade.
It caused quite a few curse words.
We eventually got home and wallpapered the wall in our bedroom that had the cork tiles on it.

It wasn't easy.
I am the paper hanger.
I had to climb the stepladder.
I have vertigo.
Hopefully the paper is reasonably straight and actually adheres to the wall.
This should be the last time we need to hang wall paper as the rest of the house is cork tile free.
Tomorrow is gardening.
Exciting eh?

PS
I did see most of the fireworks.
I watched them from my bedroom window.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home