Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Number One

I am feeling better.
I still have the vertigo but not constantly as I did on Saturday.
Still have to be careful about tilting my head certain ways and can only lie on my left side in bed but at least I don't feel continually off balance and woozy.

Today cometh the carpet men.
They arrived as promised at around 11.30 am and it was all done and dusted by 1.30 pm.
I think they expected a tip though.
They didn't get one.
Everyone over here expects to be tipped.
We do tip in restaurants.
It is expected.....and it is expected to be between 15% - 20% of the bill, depending on how good the waiter/waitress was.
Even buying a drink at the bar....you are expected to tip the barman/barmaid.....every round you have to give a couple of dollars to the staff.
But when it comes to things like having carpet put in ...........I think it is a bit of a cheek.
We paid quite a bit for the carpet, we paid to have it installed and we also paid for them to take the old one away.
I really don't see that we should have to divvy up another $50 or so on top of that.

Someone rang about an hour after they left to ask me if the work was ok.
I told them it seemed fab so far.
It does look nice.
I will take some pictures of the room when we have put the furniture back in there.

I booked my flights yesterday.
I am arriving in Blighty on September 5th (Sunday) and returning to the US on October 4th (Sunday).

Today I have been looking through some old photos.
I needed to do this as I know Lauren will want to see some photos of her dad while she is over.
It was quite hard looking at some of them. He was so full of fun.
Anyway, whilst doing that I came across a load of old Energize photos.....hence the Numero Uno reference.
Coo, some of them look so young.
There were also photos of Paul and Cathy's wedding. He looks about 12 !!!!

I still have lots more to look through. I am thinking of getting some sort of scanner so I can let everyone else see them.
Happy days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home