Friday, June 19, 2009

Not a cowboy boot.

River Rhythms on Wednesday featured this band.
Sindoolaa.
They were not exactly my "cup of tea" but I have to give credit to the organisers for arranging a great variety of different types of music.
This lot played all African stuff but it was all sung in Swahili or something similar and it is hard to get too enthusiastic about a song when you have no clue what it is about.
I mean he could have been singing about his long, lost love, who was eaten by a crocodile on the eve of their wedding........or he could have been singing about having a hole in his bucket.......who knew?
Well, I think some people probably knew.
They had quite a following and they were lively enough.
It did seem to follow the same beat throughout the evening and to be honest I often didn't know where one song ended and another began.
Their were dreadlocks everywhere.
Of course, as always, not everyone actually "gets it".
Who knows what statement this guy was making.


He had the prerequisite dreadlocks but his African, tribal clothing consisted of a track suit and a lampshade.
Well, it looked like a lampshade.
No sign of Mr One Cowboy Boot though.

Last night we had some of the most spectacular storms I have ever experienced.
They seemed to go on all night.
There were no gaps between the lightning flashes and our room was just brilliant light.
The crashes of the thunder were amazing and it did get a little frightening at times.
I am not scared of storms but it did worry me a little.
At one time it seemed like the lightning had struck really close by and the thunder was like an explosion.
I haven't seen the news so I don't know if there was any damage.
We have big trees near the house and if one was to be hit, it could easily fall on us.
Pants.
It had better not. ......not after all the effort we have put in to getting those bloody cork tiles off the bedroom wall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home