Saturday, July 18, 2009

Not long now.

Lauren arrives tomorrow.
My nerves are just starting to get the better of me.
Yes, I know she will be fine.
Yes, I know they will take care of her.
Yes, yes.........I know all these things, but it is still a blooming long way for a 10 year old to travel on her own.
I will be ok when we have met her at the airport in Chicago.

We went kid shopping today.
They are costly items.
Special shampoo......non sting.
Bubble bath, body wash, cereal, juice drinks........it goes on.......but she is worth it.
I suppose I do indulge her a bit (a bit !) as well as she is only over here once a year.
Then when I was speaking to Donna she said that Lauren hadn't let her get a new toothbrush as she said I always buy her a new one.
Do I ????
So, as soon as I got off the phone it was off to the chemist where I spent another $10 on a toothbrush/kid's mouthwash and toothpaste.

I won't sleep much tonight.
Donna is going to phone to let me know she left ok.
Then I shall phone to let her know she arrived ok.
I am worn out just typing it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home