Sunday, May 3, 2015

No Negative Nellies please.


At last some good news.
I am so tired of hearing about terrorism, disasters, wars, riots, racism, politics etc.......that it was lovely to hear something pleasant.
The royal baby has arrived safely.  I don't claim to be a royalist at all but in these times of doom and gloom it lifted my spirits to hear about a new baby.
William and Kate seem to be a lovely couple and it takes a hard heart to hear their good news without feeling pleased for them.
They now have a smashing little boy and a gorgeous (saw the photos) baby girl.
Bloody good luck to them.
I did see a couple of miserable buggers complaining about the amount of news coverage.  Well, bloody hard luck.
I know lots of babies are born every day but a royal baby is not.
I find joy in all the babies who are born healthy and safely.  I know from experience that this is not always  the case, but that doesn't stop me from sending congratulations to the royal baby and all the others too.
The nay sayers can go back to watching the reports of massacres, politics etc, while the rest of us bask in this brief moment of happiness.

Apart from that I have had a pretty crap weekend.
I had an angina attack on Thursday and it was a nasty one.   Philip was out golfing and I almost, almost thought about calling an ambulance.
But, it passed and I just got one with things.
Friday I expected to feel really awful.  I usually do if I have had a bad one but I didn't feel too bad at all.
Saturday........wallop.
I felt dreadful.  The muscles in my back and chest are so painful that I got virtually no sleep Saturday night.  Today, Sunday, I have felt really rough all day.
This evening I am going to have a brandy or three.......actually two probably.   It acts as a muscle relaxant so I am hoping it will help calm my back and rib muscles.
I will also apply ibuprofen cream when I go to bed.
I do hope that works.  It will probably be another couple of days before I feel any real improvement.

This afternoon, although I didn't really feel like it, we went to a neighbourhood get together.
It was called an ice cream social.
I had promised I would go so I didn't want to let anyone down.   It was good to meet neighbours I hadn't spoken to before and found we had a lot in common with some.
We will have to get more involved with this neighbourhood association now that Donna and Lauren will soon be here for a while.  It will be a good way for Lauren to get to know some local kids.  They do a lot of good stuff.
Halloween is really popular event apparently.  We didn't stay for the whole time as I was in quite a bit of pain but long enough to meet people.

Thunderstorms due tonight.  Sleep might still be out of the question then.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home