Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Wrapped Up

Yesterday I had my first go at wire wrapped jewellery.
It isn't as easy as it looks.
I had a rose quartz kicking around so I thought I would use that.  It probably wasn't the best one to start with as it is a polished stone.
I think a more rough stone would have been easier to wrap in the wire.
Being polished, this stone kept slipping about all over the place causing me to exclaim "Pee, Po, Belly, Bum, Drawers on more than one occasion.
Anyway, I added the crystal to make it look exciting and it is fixed in there fairly solidly now.  I didn't use glue or anything barbaric like that and I am sure any others I do will be better.
My hands have been hurting quite a lot so that doesn't help.......pants...I am not making excuses.
It is ok for a first go I think.

Today, despite hurty hands I did a bit more to the kaleidoscope dragon.

He is now looking a bit more buff.
I have been working on his muscles and general definition.

Dragons have their pros and cons.
Con :-   There are no real dragons so there is no way to follow the anatomy using photographs.
Pro :-     There are no real dragons so however I choose to paint him, no one can say the anatomy is wrong.

I haven't even started on the wings yet really.  Just a bit of underpainting.
I will have to start defining the scales too soon.  That is a job and a half.
Especially with hurty hands.

I may take myself off to the mall tomorrow.
Who knows what adventures await me there?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home