Monday, May 11, 2015

Painting ceilings.

Here is Philip having some fun.........not.
He spent Saturday afternoon painting the kitchen ceiling.
We would really love a complete, new kitchen but bank account says.....nooooooooo...so we are settling for a new coat of paint.
He will probably do the walls next weekend.  One lump of painting in a weekend is enough for him.
He made a good job of it although he did need his "special mug" from time to time.

This mug is reserved for those times when he is under considerable stress.
Such as playing Star Wars Online and painting.

Sunday was Mother's Day over here.
I did very well.
Cards from both offspring, the cats and Philip.
I also got a new garden gnome and a couple of charms for my Pandora bracelet.
We decided to chance going out for brekkie and, as expected, the restaurant was very busy with mums and families intent on showing their love.
Well, mostly.
The table next to ours had, what looked like, a complete family seated around it.
Nan and Granddad, grown daughter and son in law, and their son.
So, two mums and families..........ahhhhhhhhh.
All seemed to be going rather well until they were sitting chatting after their meal.
Unfortunately I couldn't hear what they were saying but suddenly the grown daughter leapt to her feet and announced loudly that she had heard enough of his bullsh*t and was leaving.
This was directed at the old man who was, apparently her dad.
He looked a miserable old sod to be honest.
She then got up and went around the table and hugged her mum, the Nan, who looked so fed up.   She leant across to her dad and told him he always goes too far.
He had a nasty expression on his face.  With that, she left and her husband and son followed her out.
The poor Nan looked so miserable.  She said nothing to the Granddad.
I really felt sorry for her.  It looked like she was used to him spoiling family occasions.
I wonder what he gets out of ruining such a nice outing.
I also wish I knew what it was he said.   I will never know.
There are some mean people about.


Sally continues to keep me amused.
Which is good.

Someone, I can't say friend although she is on my friends list I have never met her, got all bent out of shape on facebook today.
She is someone who is a member of a group I belong to.   I have noticed before that she seems to like a bit of drama so I don't think she is someone I would be friends with usually.
I shall let it all die down for a few days and then I shall quietly drop her off my list.
I don't need any more drama.

Started the second week of my Middle Ages course today.
I am still liking it even though the rather nice young man has been changed for an ok lady.
Oh...she is alright really.   At least I paid more attention to the lectures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home